Skip to main content

Grand Return- MUA Haul

Hi Guys!

So after hideously long hiatus from the world of blogging I have finally managed to get chance to sit down and sort out my first post of 2014. Lots of things seem to have crept up on me recently which seem to have taken over my life, but now i'm back with many more beauty reviews and updates from the past few months.

I went to Abu Dhabi last week and managed to spend a ridiculous amount at all the various malls over there so lots of reviews of what I bought are to come! Including what I bought at Bath and Body works.For any american readers, fyi, I am insanely jealous that you have these. I absolutely love the products from there but we don't have it over here. This makes me sad :(

Anyway, start as a I mean to go on! Review time.

A few weeks ago I put in a massive order at MUA. Mainly for their hyped Undressed palettes but I also added a few other items to my shopping basket too!

Not only did I buy their undressed and undress me too palettes (which I have to say are totally worth the hype) I also bought a number of glosses, bronzers/blushers and eyelashes just to test and they're all so incredibly cheap how could I refuse!



The whole lot cost me roughly £25. Which I thought considering the amount I bought was brilliant.

I am not going to go into massive reviews about each product as that would take to long so i've decided to go with my stand out products and the ones I think aren't really worth it.

Stand Outs

Mattifying Primer (Black Tube)- This is brilliant and I would say is on a par with Smashbox's Photo finish primer. It has exactly the same consistency and texture as Smashbox's version but I would say for the price (£3) it is totally worth having a look into if you're considering purchasing the primer from Smashbox. I have both and at the moment and the MUA version is my current go to primer.

Blusher (Small pink compact)- I  bought this in Candy Floss for £2 and yes it does run out quite quickly (I have just repurchased again) but for £2 who is complaining? I love this blusher and have now being using it for a while. Its a lovely shimmery light pink colour that really works on paler skin during the winter. It gives that slight flush of colour which I love.

Undress me Too Palette (White Eyeshadow Palette)- Out of the three that I bought for £4 each this is by far one of the best and my daily go to palette. It has lovely neutral colours that can be used in the day and darker ones to create a smoky eye at night. For the price the pigmentation and colour pay off is unbelievable and (as mentioned on so many blogging sites) is definitely giving the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay a run for its money! I was really impressed with all the eye shadow palettes I bought but the Undress me Too palette was definitely my stand out one.

Eyelashes- These were in the sale for £1 each. Literal bargain of the century. I wore these not so long ago and was a bit sceptical before I tried them but they didn't let me down. They haven't convicd me to step away from my trusted Eylure 101's yet but I have to say if I needed them in an emergency I wouldn't hesitate to go to these.

Not worth the money

Although none of the products shown above were expensive in the slightest I do think some of them are not worth bothering with at all.

Lipglosses  - Although they were only £1 these are truly awful. The consistency of these is horrific and they feel cheap and sticky. There are a few in this range and I thought for the price it would be worth ago but I honestly have to say I  have never disliked a lip product more.

Lipstain (brown stick)- This was also pretty awful. This colour looked nothing like the swatch that was on the website so when it arrived I wasn't too impressed but when I tried  the colour it was  terrible. Still only £1 but not worth it.

Shimmer Brick- I know it has shimmer in the title but this really was shimmer to the max, which isn't really a look I go for. Its supposed to be a blusher but I think it would serve a lot better as a highlighter, which is what I have mainly being using it for. Although it's not bad (doesn't actually warrant going in the not worth the money section) i'd say be careful if you did purchase it, not too be too heavy handed when applying or you could risk looking like a galactic space ranger.

Overall i'd have to say that the quality of the products for the price is fairly decent. However it can be a bit hit a miss. Out of the lot I think the primer was definitely one of the best products and alongside the blusher it would definitely be something I would consider purchasing again!

All products can be found here.

Let me know what you think about MUA in general. Any product recommendations?

Anyway after that long one i'll be leaving you all to it until next time!

Lots of love

El xxx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap and Glory Butter Yourself Body Lotion

I have to tell you about this product as it has turned into one of my absolute favourite moisturising products ever. I'm also a massive fan of anything Soap and Glory. For Christmas I was lucky enough to be given a giant haul of Soap and Glory products in the form of their many gifts sets and in one of them was this gorgeous moisturiser. I normally wouldn't have picked this up in boots as I've always been a Righteous Butter fan. But I am so glad this was included in the set otherwise I may never have tried it.  This moisturiser smells just as gorgeous as the other soap and glory products. It has a slightly citrusy smell and contains shea butter, orange water juice and mango oil amongst many other amazing ingredients. I have the pump version (you can also get this in a pot in the body butter version) and find it very handy. However the only annoyance is when the pump sometimes gets blocked. But this is something I can get over as the product is just so darn good.

My other love in life...

Is music. So I thought I might try mixing things up a little bit. Not every week, but most weeks I'm going to start posting tracks on here that are my most listened too and highly recommend. It might be fairly sporadic as will only be when I think a track is really worth sharing and I might just add it into my usual posts. What do you all think? I've being toying with the idea for a while and have decided to just go for it. I love listening to music of any genre and love sharing tracks with my friends so thought I would include you lot in that too. My taste in music is a bit all over the place. There isn't really a specific genre of music I love so each thing I post is going to be fairly random and will just be what I'm into at that moment in time. So a word of warning it might not be to everyone's taste! So here's my first track of the week.. So this is Changes by Faul & Wad Ad Vs Pnau.  I heard this about 3 weeks ago and it screame

The First Ever Post

Hi Everyone! So this is the first thing I have ever written on a blog. In fact, it is the first thing I have ever posted on the internet which has not involved a 140 character limit or been through the medium of a status update.  It has taken me a fair while to get round to creating one, what with me thinking one thing and another, however I've finally got here and thus El's Beauty Bazaar has been created! Over the past few months I have become increasingly interested in the world of blogging particularly with blogs concerned with all things beauty. So after reading the brilliant insights everyone had to offer on everything beauty related I decided that I wanted to join in with the opinions too! I can't wait to share some of my opinions and reviews on products that I love or maybe hate...with those who are just as obsessed with the world of beauty as I am. I'm really excited to hear from all other beauty bloggers out there and can't wait to start posting some