Skip to main content

Kiko Milano Haul

So after a long hiatus on hiatus on the blog i've finally decided to get back into the swing of things. So without further a do I'll now launch into my next review.

When I was away a couple of months ago in Portugal I stumbled across a Kiko shop which had just opened. Having seen they had a massive sale on I just couldn't resist going in and picking up a few bits and pieces. Although I had heard of Kiko I didn't really know much about them or their products other than that they were an Italian based firm that sold mainly around Europe (although I now hear they have a store in London).

So after having a browse I picked up a couple of their gel eye shadows, a lipstick, a lip gloss, a blush and a highlighter.



Having tested and used all the products I have to say the eye shadows are definitely a stand out favourite. I picked up the colours 'Lime' and 'Innocent Rose'. Although they look fairly similar in the picture one is a more pink colour and the other slightly slivery/green. Not only are they highly pigmented but they literally do no budge! I have used them by themselves and as a base and they have lasted all day/ night. If you're going to use anything from this range I would highly recommend the eye shadows! (In the above picture they're the ones in the small glass pots)
 One of my least favourite products was the blush. Although the colour was lovely I just couldn't seem to work this too well on my face and it wasn't very pigmented either so I had to keep building it up. It was quite a hard product to work with and I don't think it's one I would go for again.

 The highlighter on the other hand was amazing! Once swept across my cheekbones and brow bones it gave a very subtle sheen and was too sparkly. Considering the price (round about £3 with the discount) I really would recommend this product.









I also tested the lipgloss and a lipstick. The lipgloss was lovely. This wasn't too sticky and gave a subtle rose gold sheen across the lips. The perfect gloss to go with a tan! I lve this gloss and keep going back to it again and again.

The lipstick on the other hand was not such a fave. I picked it up in a coral colour hoping it give a really pigmented colour however it could not be more opposite. It's a lipstick that really needed building up and when it was the colour looked too bright. Maybe it just wasn't the colour for me but I didn't like the consistency of the lipstick either.

Overall i'd say there were some real gems in this product line. I got all of my products for around 25 euros as they were in the sale which I thought was exceptionally cheap! Having had a look at their website even without the discount the products are still very reasonably priced with shadows around £4 and glosses around £6.

The quality of the products and the packaging really is outstanding for the price. I would really urge you all to go and check them out! Especially if they have a sale! You can purchase products here from their website or if you're abroad!

Have your tried many products from Kiko? What are your favourites?

Well I have to say I'm glad to be back. A bit of an epic post but I have a lot to tell you all about!

Lots of love

El xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap and Glory Butter Yourself Body Lotion

I have to tell you about this product as it has turned into one of my absolute favourite moisturising products ever. I'm also a massive fan of anything Soap and Glory. For Christmas I was lucky enough to be given a giant haul of Soap and Glory products in the form of their many gifts sets and in one of them was this gorgeous moisturiser. I normally wouldn't have picked this up in boots as I've always been a Righteous Butter fan. But I am so glad this was included in the set otherwise I may never have tried it.  This moisturiser smells just as gorgeous as the other soap and glory products. It has a slightly citrusy smell and contains shea butter, orange water juice and mango oil amongst many other amazing ingredients. I have the pump version (you can also get this in a pot in the body butter version) and find it very handy. However the only annoyance is when the pump sometimes gets blocked. But this is something I can get over as the product is just so darn good.

My other love in life...

Is music. So I thought I might try mixing things up a little bit. Not every week, but most weeks I'm going to start posting tracks on here that are my most listened too and highly recommend. It might be fairly sporadic as will only be when I think a track is really worth sharing and I might just add it into my usual posts. What do you all think? I've being toying with the idea for a while and have decided to just go for it. I love listening to music of any genre and love sharing tracks with my friends so thought I would include you lot in that too. My taste in music is a bit all over the place. There isn't really a specific genre of music I love so each thing I post is going to be fairly random and will just be what I'm into at that moment in time. So a word of warning it might not be to everyone's taste! So here's my first track of the week.. So this is Changes by Faul & Wad Ad Vs Pnau.  I heard this about 3 weeks ago and it screame

B. Pure Micellar Water

When I was in Superdrug a few weeks ago I saw this on my way to the check out and completely jumped at the chance to finally try out the craze that has swept the blogging world. This is my first product from the B. range at Superdrug and I'm already impressed. I didn't know what to expect from micellar water, having never tried one before, but I have found it pretty effective so far. I use this as my first cleanse to get rid of any initial make-up and impurities that are on my skin before I go onto wash my face with a liquid gel cleanser. I literally sweep this over my face with a cotton pad and its extremely effective at getting rid of most make up. It isn't amazing with waterproof mascara so I do end up using my bi- phase eye make-up remover to get rid of any remaining mascara, but on the days when I haven't gone for the water proof stuff it's perfect. To be honest though, apart from Boots No.7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make-up Remover I haven't yet found anythi