Skip to main content

Boots Haul


Hey Guys!

So here's my first ever haul post! I got this lot at Boots over the weekend with most of my purchases being based around reviews/recommendations I've read recently. I'm not going to give massive detailed reviews of each product, as that would be too long, so i'm just going to give a brief overview of what I think about each one.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair

This is a truly brilliant product. A small amount really does go a long way and the coverage this product gives is second to none. The price of this product is amazing and so far I haven't found anything better for the price! It can be found online at Boots.com for £4.19 

Maybelline The Volum Express Falsies Flared Mascara

I really like this mascara. It adds great length to lashes and really does flare them out. I'm not as astounded by this mascara as i'd first hoped, but that hasn't stopped me from using it on a daily basis and being pretty pleased with the results. A few coats of this are required for the desired fanned out effect but overall, a pretty good buy! It can be found here for £7.99

No.7 BB Lips in Blink Pink 

I love love love this lip gloss/ balm. It adds a gorgeous pink to your lips as well as added moisture. It doesn't last as long as hoped, but to be honest, I don't mind as I love the texture and feel of this on your lips when it has just been added. It glides on smoothly and isn't at all sticky. This can also be found here for £8.50. I find this of this a little bit expensive, especially for no.7 but if you have a no.7 voucher you can get it for £3.50, which is definitely a price worth paying!

Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in True Beige 

This is the first drug store foundation I have ever purchased and I'm not entirely convinced by this product at all. For £12.49 this is one of the more expensive drug store foundations out there and I don't really think the quality of the product is reflected in the price. It does give fairly good coverage but takes quite a while to blend in, and if you don't do your face area by area it is an absolute nightmare blend in, leaving patchy areas. I bought this foundation because I wanted a base which would last all day especially whilst at work. In all fairness it does last quite a while, I wouldn't say 24 hours but definitely at least 9 (work hours). I don't think I will be re-purchasing this product again but I will persevere and maybe even change my mind! It can be found here,

Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Ultra Moisturising Lip Balm 

This is the second time I've purchased this product and I really do love it. I originally bought this for my summer holiday as it contains SPF 15 but it has now become a make up bag staple. Not only is the smell amazing (as with all Palmers products) but it is really moisturising and gorgeous to apply. It can be found here for an absolute bargain at £1.89. 

Nivea In Shower Moisturiser for Dry Skin

This is another product I'm not entirely convinced about. I bought this because I thought it would be absolutely perfect for the early mornings when I'm in a rush and don't have the time to do anything, never mind moisturise! Although in theory this product sounds amazing, I don't think it has been transferred quite so well into reality. Its really easy to use as you just apply and rinse off once you've used your shower gel, but it doesn't give the level of moisturisation my skin really requires. I prefer something that leaves my skin a little bit softer and lasts longer. The texture of this is just like moisturiser which is strange to get your head around in the shower and the smell just isn't that great. In all I don't think it will be a product I will be repurchasing again. It can be found here if you fancy giving it a try!

Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Face Wash 

I bought this as I'd heard such brilliant things about it but I was left slightly disappointed by this when I first tried it. Firstly I'm not too keen on the smell. Its kind of a mixture of mint and peaches (not the usual amazing Soap and Glory scent) and I'm just not that big a fan. However this is just personal preference as there are some people I know who love it! Secondly I don't feel like it cleanses my skin all that well as leaves a kind of film on my face once it has been washed off. I use this with a flannel too and even with the help of the flannel it still leaves a slight residue. Finally the pump on this is constantly getting blocked making it difficult to get the actual product out of the bottle. Overall I will persevere with this as it might soon start to work wonders on my skin, but at the moment I'm just not convinced! It can be found online here.

Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll On

Last but not least the Simple Kind to Eye Roll On. When I picked this up I was looking for an eye gel which was cooling and refreshing to get rid of puffy eyes and this does not disappoint! I don't normally get excited by products like this but I really do like this eye roll on and I love the roller ball applicator which can be used to massage the product into the skin around the eye. It is so cooling and really does work at de- puffing the under eye area! Its available online here for £4.99. 

That post was a lot longer than expected but I hope you enjoy it! Do you have any favourite drug store products? 

Lots of Love 

El x x x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap and Glory Butter Yourself Body Lotion

I have to tell you about this product as it has turned into one of my absolute favourite moisturising products ever. I'm also a massive fan of anything Soap and Glory. For Christmas I was lucky enough to be given a giant haul of Soap and Glory products in the form of their many gifts sets and in one of them was this gorgeous moisturiser. I normally wouldn't have picked this up in boots as I've always been a Righteous Butter fan. But I am so glad this was included in the set otherwise I may never have tried it.  This moisturiser smells just as gorgeous as the other soap and glory products. It has a slightly citrusy smell and contains shea butter, orange water juice and mango oil amongst many other amazing ingredients. I have the pump version (you can also get this in a pot in the body butter version) and find it very handy. However the only annoyance is when the pump sometimes gets blocked. But this is something I can get over as the product is just so darn good.

My other love in life...

Is music. So I thought I might try mixing things up a little bit. Not every week, but most weeks I'm going to start posting tracks on here that are my most listened too and highly recommend. It might be fairly sporadic as will only be when I think a track is really worth sharing and I might just add it into my usual posts. What do you all think? I've being toying with the idea for a while and have decided to just go for it. I love listening to music of any genre and love sharing tracks with my friends so thought I would include you lot in that too. My taste in music is a bit all over the place. There isn't really a specific genre of music I love so each thing I post is going to be fairly random and will just be what I'm into at that moment in time. So a word of warning it might not be to everyone's taste! So here's my first track of the week.. So this is Changes by Faul & Wad Ad Vs Pnau.  I heard this about 3 weeks ago and it screame

The First Ever Post

Hi Everyone! So this is the first thing I have ever written on a blog. In fact, it is the first thing I have ever posted on the internet which has not involved a 140 character limit or been through the medium of a status update.  It has taken me a fair while to get round to creating one, what with me thinking one thing and another, however I've finally got here and thus El's Beauty Bazaar has been created! Over the past few months I have become increasingly interested in the world of blogging particularly with blogs concerned with all things beauty. So after reading the brilliant insights everyone had to offer on everything beauty related I decided that I wanted to join in with the opinions too! I can't wait to share some of my opinions and reviews on products that I love or maybe hate...with those who are just as obsessed with the world of beauty as I am. I'm really excited to hear from all other beauty bloggers out there and can't wait to start posting some