Skip to main content

The Curly Hair Essentials



Over the years I have been on a quest to find any products that can attempt to tame my unruly mane. I have the curliest hair known to man, which can be both a blessing and a curse at the same time. Blessing because in essence I can get away with going months between having to have my highlights re-done and a curse as it does take a lot effort to try and maintain, so that it doesn't look like a giant ball of frizz. I go to the hairdressers roughly once every two months to have a deep conditioning treatment, a cut and sometimes my highlights re-done, but in the mean time I use the following products to keep my hair under control:

Lee Stafford Argan Oil 

Once I've washed my hair, I brush it thoroughly with the Macadamia No Tangle Brush (Best brush ever! Review to come.) and rub this oil into the ends of my hair, sometimes adding the tiniest bit to the roots if my hair is really dry. This oil is amazing. I have used other oils such as the Macadamia Oil and for me there is just no comparison. It leaves my hair really conditioned and smooth without the slightest bit of frizz in sight. I never use it on dry hair, and I only use the smallest pea size amount (and I have a lot of hair) otherwise you can risk going for the greasy look. I would highly recommend this product and although it may seem pricey (usually £12 for a tiny bottle)but it lasts months. Obviously the oil is made for any hair type so for those of you with straight hair and need a bit of a conditioning boost, I would highly recommend it for you too. Lee Stafford Argan Oil is currently on offer at the moment in Boots  for £7.99.Go buy it!

Tigi Foxy Curls Contour Cream

I use this product to define my curls rather than add any form of conditioning treatment. It works really well and has the most incredible smell. I find that most of the time the battle with curly hair is making it look styled and the curls more defined, so that it doesn't look frizzy and unruly. This product works wonders at achieving such things and at the moment I wouldn't be without it. I used to be able to only get this at my hairdressers but recently have started to order it from Feel Unique and have found that it is cheaper there too!

Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier

This is my holy grail of all curly hair products, and I have tried them all. If there was only one product I would use out of these three, this would be it. This not only adds definition to curls but also holds them in place so that they don't drop and your hair then becomes wavy, rather than curly. Only a small amount is needed. If too much is used then you have the dreaded crispy hair style, which isn't necessarily a good look. The formula of this is quite thick and kind of sticky but once you've applied it to your hair it completely disappears leaving a lovely scent, that all Tigi products seem to have. I honestly can't praise this product enough, I've come to the point where I feel that my hair just doesn't look the same without this product. Curls Rock Amplifier can also be found at Feel Unique

As well as using these products I also use a good shampoo and conditioner (usually Tigi) and never brush my hair when it is wet. I try to avoid using a hair dryer and often leave my hair to dry naturally, but when I do use one I always use a diffuser, with the dryer on the slowest setting and lowest heat so that the curls don't become a tangled, frizzy mess! Once I've added all products to my hair, I then often finish with hair spray to add extra hold and to ensure my curls don't drop.

I hope this has helped those of you with curly hair like me or those who wish to create curls! What hair products do you swear by?

Lots of Love
El x x x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap and Glory Butter Yourself Body Lotion

I have to tell you about this product as it has turned into one of my absolute favourite moisturising products ever. I'm also a massive fan of anything Soap and Glory. For Christmas I was lucky enough to be given a giant haul of Soap and Glory products in the form of their many gifts sets and in one of them was this gorgeous moisturiser. I normally wouldn't have picked this up in boots as I've always been a Righteous Butter fan. But I am so glad this was included in the set otherwise I may never have tried it.  This moisturiser smells just as gorgeous as the other soap and glory products. It has a slightly citrusy smell and contains shea butter, orange water juice and mango oil amongst many other amazing ingredients. I have the pump version (you can also get this in a pot in the body butter version) and find it very handy. However the only annoyance is when the pump sometimes gets blocked. But this is something I can get over as the product is just so darn good.

My other love in life...

Is music. So I thought I might try mixing things up a little bit. Not every week, but most weeks I'm going to start posting tracks on here that are my most listened too and highly recommend. It might be fairly sporadic as will only be when I think a track is really worth sharing and I might just add it into my usual posts. What do you all think? I've being toying with the idea for a while and have decided to just go for it. I love listening to music of any genre and love sharing tracks with my friends so thought I would include you lot in that too. My taste in music is a bit all over the place. There isn't really a specific genre of music I love so each thing I post is going to be fairly random and will just be what I'm into at that moment in time. So a word of warning it might not be to everyone's taste! So here's my first track of the week.. So this is Changes by Faul & Wad Ad Vs Pnau.  I heard this about 3 weeks ago and it screame

The First Ever Post

Hi Everyone! So this is the first thing I have ever written on a blog. In fact, it is the first thing I have ever posted on the internet which has not involved a 140 character limit or been through the medium of a status update.  It has taken me a fair while to get round to creating one, what with me thinking one thing and another, however I've finally got here and thus El's Beauty Bazaar has been created! Over the past few months I have become increasingly interested in the world of blogging particularly with blogs concerned with all things beauty. So after reading the brilliant insights everyone had to offer on everything beauty related I decided that I wanted to join in with the opinions too! I can't wait to share some of my opinions and reviews on products that I love or maybe hate...with those who are just as obsessed with the world of beauty as I am. I'm really excited to hear from all other beauty bloggers out there and can't wait to start posting some